Friday, October 29, 2010

Starting Applications

  I am in the midst of putting some applications in for different programs in Higher Education.  It seems like I just did all this for the MPA program here at ASU, and the others schools to which I applied.  It was just a year ago, but I forgot how much work applications were.  There are so many different things I have to get in order, from recommendations, personal statements, ordering transcripts, submitting a resume, sending GRE scores...and not to mention each school want something just a little bit different, which makes it even more stressful.  Needless to say, that is what I'm committing my time to this weekend, and probably for most weekends for the next month or so.
   Despite the hard work, I'm excited that I have made the decision to go in a route that will be more interesting and satisfying to me.  I've been doing a lot of research on these programs, and I'm hopeful that next fall I will be enrolled in the right program at the right school :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elizabeth, what was the main thing that made you want to leave the MPA program? Are you looking at ASU? Would you be able to transfer some of your classes? Applications are a lot of work! I hope not to go through that again, but I guess it's necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What program are you looking to do now?

    ReplyDelete